GDP Consultant: Linda Linehan
Linda Linehan specialises in Human Resource, Organisational Change, and Equality and Diversity issues. She has provided strategic, consultancy, and development support to public and private sector organisations on a range of HR, organisational development and diversity issues.
Linda has particular experience and expertise in relation to race equality progress reviews across large organisations.
Recent assignments have included:
- Workshops in England and Wales on impact assessment of policies and services,
- Research on engaging with BME and new migrant entrepreneurs
- Contributing to a national NHS leadership programme.
Key experiences and expertise have been gained through:
- Scottish Executive – Delivery of the Equality Impact Assessment training to 22 health boards
- Development of the Race Equality Performance Indicators for the Scottish Executive.
- Working with the Audit Commission, facilitating workshops on equality and diversity for “front-line” delivery staff, as well as evaluating and developing the programme content. Research funding through a public/private partnership, on women in senior leadership
- Working with a local authority, a privatised housing provider, a Government agency and a small regeneration business, on delivering race, equality, and diversity outcomes.
- Linda held the posts of Head of Equality and Diversity at the Departments for the Environment, Transport and the Regions, Transport Local Government and the Regions and the Department for Transport. During this time, the DTLR gained a Platinum award in the Race for Opportunity benchmarking and a Gold award from Opportunity Now. DTLR was placed in the top 5 organisations across the public sector.
- In addition to responsibility at a senior level for equality and diversity strategy and delivery, Linda launched innovative development programmes for women, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities, She delivered a ”first of its kind” Departmental Open Day, designed to promote the work of the department to a diverse audience, and managed delivery of number of programmes including a major review of compliance with the Race Relations (Amendment) Act 2000.
- Linda has an honours degree in Social Science and Public Administration from the University of London and a post-graduate Diploma in Management Studies.